Rider Waite Smith, and Thoth
Occult Name: The Lord of Peace Restored
Two of Swords in timing: Two weeks; or from Sept 23rd to Oct 2nd
Kabbalah: Chokmah in Yetzirah
Reading with Playing Cards: Equivalent to the Two of Spades
The Two of Swords, RWS and Thoth Meaning
Furthermore, sometimes it looks that a meaning of the Two of Swords card is favorable, but it is a Swords card, and that needs to be kept as a perspective... so at its absolute best, there is an undercurrent going on.
The Two of Swords Dignified or Upright
- Telling yourself that all is satisfactory, when it isn't.
- Ignoring that which is distasteful or unpleasant to you.
- What started off as a small point of contention unimportant to you, is now needing attention and your action.
- Refusing to accept the truth of what is, or refusing to acknowledge evidence of it.
- An idealized romantic attachment rather than a healthy relationship.
- A friendship or relationship, often with an undercurrent (perhaps not yet fully resolved issues), but is viable just the same.
- Hiding the truth of your feelings from a partner.
- There may be a battle going on, but peaceful negotiations can still take place.
- You have a point of view that stands in conflict with that of another.
- Opting to stay in a situation though it lacks peace and harmony.
- Reaching a point of truce, a standoff or a stalemate.
- It is necessary to deal with the truth from all sides to have some degree of harmony manifest.
- Refusing to acknowledge how you truly feel.
- Someone is interested in you, but you are closing yourself off.
- Kindness is being extended to you, but your defensiveness is making it a difficult delivery to make.
- Analyzing a situation in order to find a solution or a more peaceful way of proceeding.
- A choice between two things.
- A phase of inactivity.
- A phase of peace.
The Two of Swords Ill Dignified or Reversed
- Opening one's eyes to acknowledge the truths before them.
- Overwhelmed by the intensity of a situation.
- Attempting to get back together with an ex romantic partner.
- Hanging on to a relationship despite it being an unhealthy one and despite knowing that it's healthier to move on.
- Mental cruelty or excessive verbal sparring as a matter of habit.
- Acting out in a passive/aggressive manner.
- You are attracted to someone, but be aware that they are shallow, superficial, or not as you perceive them to be.
- Refusing to make a decision or take action in the fear that to do so might possibly make things worse.
- You have tried dealing with a circumstance in various ways, and now the best thing you can do is bide your time until a solution is found.
- If attracted to another, that person is blocking you out emotionally or purposely maintaining a distance.
- Someone whose behavior is far from typical - a loose cannon.
- Open your eyes, as there are situational omens cautioning you of what is to come.
- Maintaining a distance from an uncomfortable person or situation.
- Standing in opposition as a force of habit.
- Saying one thing then doing another.
- Being fed untruths or incomplete descriptions.
- A demonstration of duplicity or disloyalty.
- Exhibiting a false front or a false identity.
- A friendship that is not bonafide.
RWS image is a Wikimedia file from a 1909 deck originally scanned by Holly Voley http://home.comcast.net/~vilex/
Thoth image copyright (c) US Games Systems Inc.; AGMuller; O.T.O.