Rider Waite Smith, and Thoth
Occult Name: The Lord of Love
Two of Cups in timing: Two months; or from June 21st to July 1st
Kabbalah: Chokmah in Briah
Reading with Playing Cards: Equivalent to the Two of Hearts
The Two of Cups Card Definition, RWS and Thoth
The Two of Cups Dignified or Upright
- Love, or a loving relationship, friendship, or term connection.
- A pleasant and fulfilling interaction with another.
- Reciprocal or exchanged feelings.
- A connection of friendship.
- If you demonstrate love and affection, the same will be returned to you.
- Someone of the opposing gender will perform a service beneficial to you.
- May refer to one's parents, as well as to any gain made through them (and loss through them when ill dignified).
- When changing residences, the move will be a positive one.
- Whatever you are facing, this card tells that it will be a healing experience for you.
- You have discovered a piece of what it is that satisfies your soul.
- Demonstrate more compassion.
- Someone who mirrors you.
- Common ground, unity, harmony, and agreement.
- Compassion will be demonstrated.
- A sexual connection.
- Working with someone of the opposite sex.
- Acting through wisdom inspires harmony.
- Someone sticking their neck out to aid you.
- Sincerity in intentions.
- Find that which is missing within you.
- A decision involving morals.
- Engagement or marriage.
- Good health.
The Two of Cups Ill Dignified or Reversed
- Someone of the opposite sex will not transact the favor you've asked of them.
- A decision made in folly or that lacks the insight of wisdom.
- Someone is mirroring your actions and thoughts, the negative ones as well, which is becoming an issue.
- False or misleading demonstrations of affection.
- Whatever you are facing, this card reversed suggests that it will not be a favorable experience for you.
- Disharmony within a relationship.
- What is missing in your life, leaves you experiencing a void.
- Living an indulgent lifestyle.
- Extravagance and wastefulness.
- An insatiable desire.
- Slyness, subtlety and guise.
- Greed, in the sense of lusting for the finer things in life.
- Encountering blockages or opposition.
- Demonstrating a slant of bias.
- A tendency to exhibit a certain type of behavior.
- A poor decision was made based upon weak moral standards.
- Relocating will turn out to be unfulfilling.
- If a proposal you made was turned down, consider making an appeal.
- Lack of reciprocity.
- Fluctuating emotions.
RWS image is a Wikimedia file from a 1909 deck originally scanned by Holly Voley http://home.comcast.net/~vilex/
Thoth image copyright (c) US Games Systems Inc.; AGMuller; O.T.O.